Friday, December 14, 2007

It's Not Fair!


Sometimes our daughter will tell us this phrase when she isn't so happy about the outcome of something. And ... sometimes our answer is, "yeah, life's not fair!". But today as I think about my life and what God has done for me .... I too can say ... it's not fair. Before you think I have fallen off my rocker, let me explain. :)

I think about all He has done for me ..... sending His son to suffer and die for my sins. How is that fair? How in the world am I deserving of such love? He has given me a life I do not deserve. He pours out His tender mercies on me each day. He gives me strength to go on ... some times He alone is my strength.

A few years back, I underwent some scary health issues. I didn't know what the future held. I was so frightened and deeply challenged to really decide what I believe. Through God's grace, He chose to bring us through all of that. What could easily have been life-threatening ... was all caught in time. Yes there was pain, sorrow and loss. But still to this day I am overwhelmingly amazed by all the blessings the Lord has poured out. He has given me so much. Most of all, I have known HIM more which makes my life rich ... even on days that seem dark and dreary.

Are there days I pout like my daughter .... "it's not fair!!". I'm afraid I have to say yes ... I do. But the real truth is the opposite of that phrase ... I don't deserve this life ... how I thank the Lord He doesn't give us "what's fair". I would have far less.

Often in the busyness of life we don't stop and realize just all we have in HIM. Maybe you are experiencing a storm in your own life and need to be reminded that your heavenly father is right there ... wanting to give you everything He has. We have to look to Him and receive it. We have to submit ourself, our ways, our flesh to Him ... then we will truly be fulfilled.

On the adoption front ... the wait is difficult. I wish I were handling it with more grace than I am. But one day we'll look back and see God's hand in it all. How I don't want to miss out on what He's trying to teach me through this journey.

3 comments:

jennifer said...

The waiting is so difficult...hang in there!

Miranda said...

Thanks for your comment!! We are humbled once again by the Lord. I know its hard! 4 months is crazy but I wouldn't change it for the world. As I have thought often through it, our end goal is Godliness (which brings us true and lasting contentment and joy) and not just adopting this child. And God is accomplishing that in you THROUGH this wait - what a precious thing and in the end you still get a sweet baby to raise for his kingdom. Praying for you and thinking of ya.
Miranda

Adopting Arrows said...

I really appreciate what you wrote. Too often do I get after the kids for their attitude when I'm the one who needs and "attitude" adjustment and to get rid of the thoughts of not fair.

PS I need to get a hold of you to order a tin of cards for a Christmas present.