Sunday, October 14, 2007

Time for Tag?

Ah, the wonderful world of blogging ..... I've been "tagged" by my dear, long-distance friend Miranda. You can visit her family over at On the Road to Emmaus

In other words, it's just a creative way to get to know each other. So here goes:

Present/Past Jobs:

1. Stay-at-Home Mom/Educator for 14 years.
2. Demo for Stampin' Up! (stamping/scrapbooking company)
3. Cleaned houses & gave piano lessons
4. Worked at a family owned farming retail business.
5. Helped people decorate their homes with a decorating company.

Places Lived:

1. Grew up in rural Illinois
2. Spent 2 years in Louisiana while my husband was in the Air Force.
3. Lived in 3 different apartments in the inner-city of Chicago (while hubby attended Moody Bible Institute)
4. Moved to rural North Dakota in two different locations where we plan to stay a very long time.

Favorite TV Shows:

1. Can't say that I have any. I prefer playing games with my family.
But if it were a movie! .... now that would be easy .... I love the series by Michael Landon Jr. of "When Loves Comes Softly", "Love's Enduring Promise" ... and the rest. New one is out soon! Yeah. :)

Books I've especially appreciated recently (in no particular order):

1. Shepherding a Child's Heart by Ted Tripp
2. A Life that says Welcome by Karen Ehman (awesome book on hospitality)
3. Carried Safely Home by Kristin Swick Wong (adoption)
4. The Bathtub is Overflowing but I Feel Drained by Lysa TerKeurst
5. The Psalms - without the Lord I would fall and never be able to get back up again.
Pretty much anything on organization, home-making, hospitality, adoption, parenting, education ..... trust me ... I need all the help I can get!

Food Faves:
1. Chocolate
2. Homemade Taco Pizza
3. A particular salad at Chilis
4. Cheesecake or any other yummy dessert
5. Grilled chicken served next to steamed veggies

Places I've been: (wow my list is boring compared to my friends!!)
1. Texas to meet my daughter nearly 3 years ago at Texas Children's Hospital while she recovered from open-heart surgery
2. Tennessee - Great Smokey Mountains
3. Georgia - to see dear friends
4. Lord willing I will soon leave the USA for the 1st time ever, to meet our new daughter in Ethiopia.

Things I enjoy:
1. Quiet - after everyone is tucked safely into bed at night.
2. Good Coffee - especially when served by one of my sons in a favorite mug.
3. Spending time with the man of my life.
4. Playing games with my fam! .... the latest family fave is Quiddler!! ... and I love to win!
5. Photography - both taking pictures and preserving them and being creative with them.
6. Making things for others with paper crafts, stamping, etc.
7. Visits from friends, both old and new.

I will tag:
Jana at It's Good to be the Queen

1 comments:

Adopting Arrows said...

Hi Robert's family, Still following your exciting journey. I so wish our journey included Ethiopia too. I really wanted to go there and see the people in person but God has changed directions for us and we are just as excited. Anticipating a new child is so much like giving birth. You just can't wait. We are praying for you and yours.