Monday, May 26, 2008

A New Do for Big Sister!




Well, this has been the sick house lately! Big sister has some kind of virus causing a long week of fevers. I was feeling bad because since we didn't want Maleah to get anything on top of what she already had, Dad was taking care of Big Sis. Now that Little Sis is feeling better, she's taking more to her Daddy ... so yesterday while they were rocking Naomi and I had some time to reconnect. We received these great little "hair snaps" from a friend just before we left for Ethiopia. I've been so anxious to try them.

So these pics show our first attempt at twists. Naomi's head is very narrow, so the parts didn't end up just as I had in mind, but since she was still sick I didn't want it to get too long for her. She was THRILLED with her new "do" ... so we had to go outside and get some pics to send to Grandma.

Her hair is not very coarse at all, so this style is not going to last as long as it does for some. But I do think it will be a great style when she's outside to keep her hair from getting so tangled. It's also fun to finally see how LONG her hair really is.

Thanks Rebecca for our sampling of "hair snaps"!! Naomi loves them! Where can I purchase more?

6 comments:

coffeemom said...

OOOHHHH! GOOD JOB MOM!!!! She looks gorgeous. She IS all that! You did a great job and the parts look great and the twists too. It might surprise you how long they can last. My Miss M's hair is not as course as SBird's and it lasts longer in a twist. Go figure..... Love it, love it. First time like a pro. Very very cute! How adorable is she? That attention is probably just what the doctor ordered for this sweet little one. Good job! And great pics too!

mama becca said...

Good job sweet mama! Naomi you are a beauty!
love you all
becca

Adoption Cubed said...

oh yeah! I am glad Naomi likes the snaps! The hairstyle looks GREAT! Thanks for sharing the pictures - it brought a smile to my face seeing the snaps in her hair!

I would check out snapaholics.com for more snaps. They have a "hair snaps" tab on their home page. You can scroll down on the page and see the hair snaps I sent you. I have #'s 7, 8, 12 & 14 and have been pleased with them. Hope that helps.

Hope everyone is feeling better!
Rebecca

Keva said...

I wanted to check in and see how things are going with you. I know it has been a while...forgive me. You guys look great. I am so happy you are on this side of things and enjoying you whole family together...sick and all.

Much Love from the Atwoods

DC said...

I love the new 'do!!

I'm so happy I found your blog! My husband and I are in the very early stages of an Ethiopian adoption and have narrowed our options down to Gladney and one other agency. I'd love to get your input on Gladney.

I'm new to the blogosphere, so please stop by and say hello if you get a chance. :)

http://lupuspie.blogspot.com

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

I think you are just being humble. She looks BEAUTIFUL!

We brought Kume to an AA salon and luckily they recommended we just scrunch up her curls with some cream and put a head band in, saying they didn't think she really needed braids. So, I am sure I will try it sometime, but love to be a little off the hook at this time.